How To Apply for Social Security Benefits
You should apply for Social Security Disability Benefits as soon as you know you will be disabled for at least 12 months. To apply for Disability Benefits fast, and with the least likelihood of being denied please take our Free Disability Evaluation. With this Free Evaluation you get access to top rated Disability Advocates/Lawyers who can help you decide the best way to obtain your Disability Benefits.
THIS EVALUATION AND SERVICE IS FREE AND WITHOUT ANY OBLIGATION
Information Needed to Process Your Disability Claim Quickly
Claims for disability benefits take more time to process than other types of Social Security claims–from 60 to 90 days. You can help shorten the process by bringing certain documents with you when you apply, and by helping us get any other medical evidence you need to show that you are disabled.
Here is what you should bring us:
Information About You:
- Your Social Security number and proof of your age
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of doctors, hospitals, clinics and institutions that treated you and the dates of treatment
- Names of all medications you are taking
- Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics and caseworkers
- Laboratory and test results
- A summary of where you worked and the kind of work you did
- Your most recent W-2 form, or your tax return if you’re self-employed
Information About Family Members:
- Social Security numbers and proof of age for each person applying for benefits
- Dates of prior marriages if your spouse is applying
IMPORTANT: You will need to submit original documents or copies certified by the issuing office. You can mail or bring them to Social Security. The Social Security Administration will make photocopies and return your original documents. If you don’t have all the documents you need, don’t delay filing for benefits. If you or someone you know have been improperly denied Social Security Disability Benefits, contact us immediately by using our free online consultation form. We will refer your case to a qualified Social Security Disability Lawyer in your area. There is no charge or obligation for this service. Call 855-GO DISABILITY (855-463-4722) today.
Get Free Evaluation
To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form below.